poniedziałek, 31 stycznia 2011

Greetings!

Hello and welcome!

My name is Christopher and this is my blog. This blog is mainly aimed at publishing and sharing my thoughts and things, that I find interesting. Also, as I'm starting on designing various things, I will be posting concept arts and stuff featuring my designs (there won't be much, so don't get excited xD ).

My posting schedule is as follows: Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. Sometimes I will write extra posts on weekends, but only on special occasions and not so often.

So, to start my blog with something more interesting than my blabbering, here's something to check out and play with:


This is basically a genetic algorithm trying to develop a perfect car. It makes a series of random cars (some are really surreal) and checks which of them got the best score, which is the distance the car has drove. The closer it was to the checkpoint, the more chances are it will be included in developing the next generation of cars. 
It's pretty addicting, though it's a launch-and-stare type of fun. You have almost no control on the development (aside from choosing the "mutation rate"). 

Now some more information on the technical side:
The algorithm is using the Box2D physics library to build cars. 

There's also version 1.2 which is slightly different which can be found here!



That's all for today. See you on Wednesday!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz